View Single Post
      05-09-2015, 07:56 AM   #18
Nitrousbird
Banned
Rep
Drives: '07 E92 335i 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by phubar View Post
EDIT* My bad didnt read the CCC part, not aware of any way to stream with CCC, you would have to retrofit CIC and get a combox.
Incorrect - tons of options out there for the CCC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bender rodriguez View Post
Just use an aux cable. Streaming solutions do not compare.
Airplay / Miracast doesn't reduce audio quality. Please explain how the Aux cable is better again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EJB1990 View Post
I use the Tune2Air bluetooth thing. It connects immediately when unlocking car. and will provide the song/playlist info on the idrive. Im sure if you're seeking quality, an aux cord will be better but I mainly use it for podcast so quality isn't very important for me.
I have the Tune2Air as well. Unfortunately, I'm one of the few folks that have a problem with it. My phone will always connect and stream, but no info on the CCC and steering wheel controls won't work. Happened on my phone with Jailbroken iOS 8.1, non-JB 8.2, Apple replaced my phone, which I setup with nothing on it + new Apple ID and still doesn't work. Yet my iPhone 6 work phone works perfectly with it. Wife's 6+ has the same problem...though my 6+ didn't for the first month I had it.

I will be selling mine soon and going to a Miracast device. I recently ordered the Xcarlink device for my rearview camera install, so I figured it would be nice to Airplay my phone's Nav to the CCC screen. Much cheaper/easier than a CIC/NBT retrofit and get better mapping on the screen in the process.
Appreciate 0