View Single Post
      08-17-2015, 10:27 AM   #1
08n54335i
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i

VRSF downpipes installed

These fit really good. I previewed the AR downpipes installation video on YouTube before install. The video was very helpful. Things to note: Go ahead and cut a wrench in half for the O2 sensors as recommended in the video- I thought i could get by without and couldn't. When you drop the steering rack be careful to not bend or bang and of the hard lines. I sprung a leak and had to fix it because I was not as careful as I should have been. I used an articulating, extension magnet to help replace the 2, 2bolt exhaust flange hardware- saved me from a bit a frustration. One of the bolts, had to be flipped to get it in the hole and I had to add about .060 spacer to keep it from bottoming out on the pipe - depending on consistency of manufacture you may need a couple extra washers.
I used MAP 5 in JB4 and quickly found out I need spark plugs. I haven't been able to enjoy the full benefit of FBO +JB4 since nobody sells/stocks the colder NGK's. Plugs are in the mail. Map 0 works fine no misfire at all.