10-12-2015, 09:12 PM   #2
rol
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2010 335i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladolcettad View Post
So here's what's going on
I just picked up a 2008 335i bone stock from an older lady, 6 speed manual.
I picked up the JB4 & AFE pro 5 r intakes, a few days ago I had Auto couture in NJ install the JB4 G5, right after they put it in I take the car out, hit boost & it starts misfiring so immediately I turned around and went back there, they changed the spark plugs & it fixed it. Now, I'm driving the car and when I do a low rpm 6th gear pull from 60-120ish engine malfunction comes up on the dash & the car goes into limp mode, I restart the car & it's normal again. Issue only happens in higher gears, when your in boost for a bit. I scanned it and got code p302c, does this mean it needs a HPFP? It also idles a bit rough when it's cold, almost feels like its misfiring. I got all service records for the car and the HPFP was done 2 times by BMW & it also had a leaky injector that was replaced. Car has 94k. Also was told something about carbon cleaning. Please help it's driving me crazy!
Did you find a solution for this? Mine also has rough idle especially when cold, and yesterday suddenly I got P302C, wasn't even flooring it, just driving in a parking lot. Restarted and the issue went away and never came back since, not even when flooring. Btw the HPFP has 10y/120k warranty, so it that's the issue, the fix is free.
Appreciate 0