idrift4wd
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Three Hundred and Thirty Five

Garage List
2007 BMW  [7.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrupted View Post
A couple times throughout this thread I've noticed you mentioning the wrench being an issue. I'm not sure if you know this, but you're not supposed to make adjustments with the car on the ground, that's not what the wrench is for. The suspension should be in a relaxed state whenever making adjustments, the wrench is only there to make it easier to make precise adjustments.
Just saying...how would i adjust the coils with the car on the ground. i cant even fit two fingers. I always lift the front/rear for adjustments (when it was possible lol)

SO update. one rear shock where the bottom nut screws on, broke off. the shock it self was fine, no leaks. I was pretty sad. So technically it did "fail" but im still alive. Nothing life threatening like alot of people said it would be. i heard a few clunks driving down the road and checked it out. easy find, easy fix. Front coils are still good no noises, no leaks.....just seized so no more adjustments for me. Its my fault, i should have applied anti-seize or some coating to help.

What did I learn? These coils arent bad. Worth $350. I would recommend them. I would buy them again, but I do want coils with dampening adjustments. I would also advise anyone buying these to apply antiseize on collar threads. As you can tell, im not a brand whore and i understand that YES its a BMW...an old bmw. 8 Year old bmw that can be bought for less than 10k. So yeah idk if spending 2k on coilovers (which is a wear and tear item) is a good idea. KW/ ohlins/ bilstein are probably better and offer a better ride, but im ok with the ride on these as they are not bad. Again better then spring only set-up in my opinion.

12.0 @ 117
Appreciate 3
Grip Grip181.50