View Single Post
      01-12-2008, 10:58 AM   #1
DaveC
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 330 Touring

So I ditched the Runflats

Forced into it really - one rear was badly worn the other was almost gone but somehow lost all its air last night - the warning came up as I left work yesterday and I thought - pfft must be a false alarm. Checked em this morning and sure enough there was no air in one of the rears.

Must say, they DO drive well with no air in

Anyway, as it was a rush job didn't have much choice available ended up putting a set of workhorse P6000s on (yeah I know they aren't the greatest but they do a good all round job - had em before).

So, the main reason for this post is really just to say "wow" what a difference. Haven't had a chance to check the performance side of things much, new tyres, damp road etc... but the ride is SO much better. They dont turn the car into a Rolls but they take out so much of the harshness that the RFTs added. Very happy at the moment.

What pressures are the converted types running at? straight out of the tyre place the readings were 32, 36 (fronts) 35, 44 (rears) 44? are they mad? Great job tyre place

Anyway I set them at 30 fronts and 35 rears and it feels pretty good, think I might put a couple more PSI in the fronts.
Appreciate 0