01-15-2008, 10:45 AM   #20
stooken
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E70 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantom330 View Post
there is a bus that goes all around town and it's like .50 or something crazy like that. Not the most fancy of transportation (drunk locals playing guitars on bus, etc), but it's kind of fun, especially on the way back when you're buzzed. You can get a taxi but the bus is cheap and easy.
thanks for the info. thats something i'll definitely check out

Quote:
Originally Posted by giddyup69 View Post
if you're looking to party and have fun with people aged around 20-30 then riu cancun is for u. i was there about 3-4 years ago. great hotel.. lots of fun. they even re-stock your bar with free beer each day. what more can u say??
right on! i'm actually looking into riu cancun. thats pretty much what i was looking for. i wanted a lively spot but it still has to be clean, look nice and have an awesome staff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
At teh Riviera Maya that I stayed in, there was beer AND upside-down Jose, Bacardi, and something else I can't remember. The bottles had this lever, like a soda fountain, and it just poured out into your glass

wake up to a fountain of cuervo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaiman View Post
it was the RIU Palace Mexico. there's also the RIU Palace Riviera Maya which is basically next door. The Riviera Maya is newer, but both are really nice. I believe they all have a small terrace off the back of the room and some have hot tubs on the terraces.

The service was great, the staff is very friendly. We tried to leave tips for the housekeepers each day, and they wouldn't take the money. We eventually left a little sign that said "Tips" otherwise the money would have just sat there.

yeah i found like 3 different riu's. i think the palace was a bit over my budget but i'll look into it again.