View Single Post
      04-30-2016, 01:58 PM   #5
NightStalker
Rep
Drives: Audi

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustDriveIt
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/rocketfi...&skuId=9976103

I've had this Rocketfish APT-X bluetooth adapter in my car for about a year now. I'm an audiophile and this was the only adapter that surpassed my expectations.
I was originally going to use an upgraded DAC since this adapter has optical out, but the adapter was better than the DAC so I just ended up using the Aux out from the adapter itself.

It's also not nearly $200, it's only $49 from BestBuy and cheaper elsewhere. It also isn't the size of a small laptop ha, so it can easily fit in the center console, or in that space right below which is nice because that's where USB power and Aux is for the stereo.

So Pros: It runs off of USB power which I get from the console, and is small enough to fit in there nicely. No splicing,etc. and the Aux cable input for the stereo is in that console too, so WIN-WIN. Less than $50 and has Optical Out if you want so the output quality is whatever you want it to be, though the DAC was the better than 2 external ones I had.

It's

Yeah the reason why it's in the $100+ range is because it also has a built in DAC

I was originally looking into a low cost Bluetooth 4.0 receiver with built in optical out to use a DAC (not many options out there)

So in the end I would end up spending the same amount of money regardless if it's just the AudioEngine or a receiver + separate DAC
Appreciate 0