ritzzzzzwik
Captain
Rep
Drives: SO M4 MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramxeex View Post
Guys,

=( =( =(

i got my 08' 535xi 3 years ago @ 73k miles. i have had the dreaded "engine malfunction, reduced power" sign come and go over the years (under 82k miles as well), now my baby is at 119k miles. i move states alot and had the car checked in MD and FL prior to here in IN, everyone always said everything is good dont worry

just on last road trip from IN to VA, 9hr drive . it popped up like 10-15 times....making me more and more worried. dropped it at an indy shop and they said all good LPFP is bad and hence shutting turbos, relieved i got that fixed just this week (costing 850$, 3 hrs labor and 450$ in parts, is this ok price)

1 mile out of shop i floor the car and get same error again. take it back the guy is still diagnosing but he said seems like waste gate issue....

will i be covered in warranty ? i know it says i wont be.......any suggestions i can get them b**ches (dealer) to fix this.....as the error always popped way beofre i hit 82k miles...is there a way such old error codes can be pulled...

TY for tips and advice,
R
Get the codes first. They should have provided you with what codes the car is throwing. A lot of those cause engine malfunction. IT does not have to be turbos/wastegates. Do your rattle? Mine rattles, but held boost fine. A fairly common issue is plugs and coils. This pretty cheap

That being said, its really hard to say what it couls be without knowing the codes.

Also 850 for lpfp is a bit steep. The best option would be to upgrade to stg 2 lpft- 350 for parts, and 30 mins of your time. I am not the best DIYer, and I wrapped up in 30.

Look for another shop, might as well go to the dealer for that price.
2007 335i E92 MT | MFactory LSD | Diff Brace | MHD/Wedge Tuned| BL Coils | Stg2 lpfp BoostConcepts | VRSF DPs | VRSF 7" HD FMIC | DCI | VRSF CP | BMW SSK | Billstein PSS Coilovers | M3 Control Arms | Whiteline Rear SF Inserts | SS brake lines | Z4 35is Rotors | Hawk 5.0 pads | M219s + PSS | PE Mod -SOLD
2016 M4 F82 MT
Appreciate 0