09-04-2016, 04:30 PM   #8
Camman
What am I doing here?
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 328i 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by bNks334 View Post
Motion ratio in the rear is .3x. Basically for every 100 lbs/in you effectively get 90lbs/in in the front and only 30lbs/in. In the rear.

The 8k/12k is not a good spring rate setup for street driving. You needed close to 4k/12k to maintain the stock front/rear suspension frequency bias.

Your front springs ARE stiffer than your rear by quiet a bit. This causes the front to settle faster than the rear when hitting bumps on the streets which can be unsettling. The rear will still continue to oscillate after the front has already settled.
Thanks for chiming in!

That definitely makes sense. Though, the front is much stiffer than the rear, it's not bone jarring. I wish I had known this before I ordered the coilovers because I could have gotten custom spring rates at no extra cost. If I decided to do a swift spring upgrade, I'd probably lower the front down to only 6 or 7k and leave the rear at 12k. For now, I can live with the current spring rates. This is only my second car I've owned so this is good learning material for future projects.

Last edited by Camman; 09-04-2016 at 04:39 PM..
Appreciate 0