Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: The E90 + Z4 Coupe & Z3 R'ster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrique_Red View Post
Thanks!
I did read the whole thread, cover to cover, and I thought the oil level was not working after 186,000 because of this post on page 6 (emphasis mine):

I appreciate all of your thoughts and input on this, I do. I am with you on probably never selling, or caring about the price much if I do, but I wonder how low that price would be or at least how much effort I would need to go through in order to convince a buyer that this issue is not really an issue, for this model car.

One question I also have is, Does this affect any model year besides 2006?

Thanks again!
So the Marko quote just shows that the e-dipstick doesn't immediately update the oil level once you've added oil and you have to wait until the system re-determines the new level. The system always reports the last known level until it updates after several miles and time.

I don't know if the condition affects any other models. There's a few members here that have over 200K on the N54 and they have not mentioned it.
A manual transmission can be set to "comfort", "sport", and "track" modes simply by the technique and speed at which you shift it; it doesn't need "modes", modes are for manumatics that try to behave like a real 3-pedal manual transmission. If you can money-shift it, it's a manual transmission. "Yeah, but NO ONE puts an automatic trans shift knob on a manual transmission."
Appreciate 0