10-07-2016, 11:31 AM   #42
M-335
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2010 335

Quote:
Originally Posted by marconi118 View Post
M3 brakes are bigger than 335i
Sorry, apparently the rotors are (slightly) larger, semi float but the calipers are extremely similar & share the same pads as the 335i

Imo this is hardly a brake upgrade as many in the past has done this & stated the same thing. If you do switch to the M3 brakes I would get the M3 master cylinder as they're different.

Point being I wouldn't look to the M3 rear brakes as a big selling feature when shopping for a rear subframe. Imo I wouldn't buy the whole M3 subframe conversion unless you can get it low miles & cheap. You will still need to convert your driveshaft.

According to realoem the M3 bare subframe actually weighs 4lbs more than the 335i. Many in the past thought the M3 was lighter but apparently it is actually heavier.

Like stated earlier (the deals are out their but need to really search) I have purchased a rear differential, axles with 4k on them for 1100.00 & order a 1 piece carbon fiber driveshaft for 1500.00. I plan on doing the M3 upper control arms only, adjustable lowers & probably the whiteline bushings. The total should put me around $3200.00.

Either way you go will be a huge improvement over the factory 335.
Appreciate 0