View Single Post
      10-26-2016, 12:26 PM   #1
Dele23
Rep
Drives: Shopping For A E90 335i

Looking To Pull Trigger On A 09-10 335i xDrive Advice?.....Route 66 Warranty?

Hi guys,

New member here, but I've been reading through this forum for weeks and weeks now. I am looking to finally join the BMW world since I've always been a huge fan of these cars.

Anyways, I am looking buy a 2009 or 2010 335i xDrive (since I live in MA and winter can get rough), and seem to be pretty up to speed with some of the issues these have. I come from Mercedes-Benz and also Saab land, owning, a 1999 C43 AMG and a 2006 Saab 9-3 Aero. They're great cars, but having AWD would help as I will be commuting further this coming winter.

I am a DIYer for most things, but these days it is harder for me to find time to work on cars! So, I am looking at adding the PenFed Route 66 Warranty with this car as I would like to minimize exposure to costly repairs as I think cash used for costly repairs can be better utilized for investing, etc, etc.

What do you guys think? Is the Route 66 warranty still a go-to or is it a bust? I've also heard about Fidelity, CarChex, and some other ones out there so I'd love to hear any recent experiences anyone has had with their chosen third party warranty company.

Also any other advice about this car that I may not have caught from searching around would be awesome too!

Thanks !!
Appreciate 0