View Single Post
      04-24-2017, 08:47 AM   #20
TDIwyse
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 335d

Thanks for the comments guys.

Here's the Torque Track Recorder raw data from the 125.71 mph run. And then I entered 2 of the top end 4th gear data points into matchbot as a sanity check on power output levels.

Comments on the logged data... I have 2 water/methanol injectors (one has its solenoid wired with a switch in the cab to enable/disable its utilization ... some ambient conditions I can inject more than others before AFR's get too low and impact power output). The 2nd nozzle was used during these runs, but the CACT does not reflect the evaporative cooling generated by the 2nd nozzle, which is located after the CACT sensor. So the logged CACT is actually a bit higher than what is really occuring, which means there's likely a bit more air than matchbot predicts ... but I don't know how much, so I'm just using the sensor data in matchbot.

The BSFC in matchbot is a bit of a guestimate at this point. When combining diesel and methanol fumigation, the literature accounts for BSFC as a ratio of the average of each fuel based on % of total fuel. That's why I'm using a BSFC much worse than what diesel by itself would give, and is an approximate value based on the amount of methanol I'm measuring being injected.

http://www.turbos.bwauto.com//afterm...6_wrsin=92044&
Attached Images