najin23
Private
Rep
Drives: e92 n54 LSD....

Garage List
2007 335i e92  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by FaxData View Post
My vent hose is directly clipped to the fan. I didn't need to remove it, but I did have to unclip it. Despite the warnings and unclipping it extremely gently, a small crack opened right where the rubber is clipped to the fan. Coolant leaked immediately after that... When replacing the vent hose, the connector on the upper radiator hose broke as the hose clamp was released.

Honestly the vent hose broke with so little pressure that I think it was inevitable.
The exact thing just happened to me yesterday while I was removing my fan. The nipple on the upper radiator coolant hose that connects to the Vent hose which goes to the reservoir above the fan got snapped. At first I had a bad panic, but after calling a reputable bmw part dealer, I ordered necessary parts and expressed it. I basically decided to replace the Upper radiator coolant hose unit and the vent hose with a new crimping clamp. I am just glad that it happened in my garage. Has anyone done the job by the way? I heard it's very hard to pull the upper radiator hose from the radiator. It has a metal clip that you can simply unclip, but don't know how hard it would be to pull it. I guess I will find out.
Appreciate 0