01-17-2018, 05:06 AM   #74
ally_bassman
Private
Rep
Drives: E90 LCI 320d M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirleeofroy View Post
Morning Chaps,

I have this same issue, though I knew it would be as I'd not sealed up the dust covers like you have. That said, I plan to go back to this when its not cold and wet and generally minging outside! The plan is to remove the headlights, polish the lens, fit the LED fogs, fit LED main beams and properly seal to avoid this misting issue.

Probably won't be for a little while, maybe a month or 2 as I will be moving back down south but I will update the thread when I do....

Also, anyone know why one of my angel eye rings has a yellow tinge even though its lit with an LED? (not all of the ring, say about a 3rd)
Yeah, I think the trick is to do it on a day where the humidity is low so the air going back into the headlights is not damp to begin with! I think we all chose the wrong time of year to be messing about with our headlights!

With regards to the Halo ring, i'm not sure but I have seen other cars with aftermarket LED bulbs in their halogen headlights witht he same thing. Mine are ok for the moment.