View Single Post
      02-03-2018, 01:37 PM   #311
nicklockard
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2009 w/Nav; paddleshifters

Quote:
Originally Posted by BB_cuda View Post
Nick, be quantitative here. Get EGT1 readings for your current baseline. I would fully warm car and then allow EGT1 to settle down but still running (idling in driveway i guess). Do the non scientific smell test. Then, repeat after installing the wrap. The weakness here being how well do you remember the earlier smell. At least you can measure that EGT1 in both cases after returning from warm up drive. I point to EGT 1 is it is the precat temp.
Yep.

Waiting for DDE to return in mail while I finish my WM install. But, I did wrap the pipe with 2" at 75% overlap. The wrap was $18 on Amazon for 2 rolls, so I figured it was worth a try.

Prior to this, I'd say the unburnt hydrocarbons were an 8 on a 1-10 scale for unpleasantness. But, that was on an ABC deleted car without appropriate tune. For some unknown reasons, my car drove home with an all new exhaust, fullly ABC deleted, and no limp mode resulted.

I will report the smell once everything is back together, by adding to this post.

Summary:
  • Car was illiterate with iaknown's turbo-back exhaust with new oxidation catalyst, but with stage I tune.
  • Smell was 8 of 10 for unpleasant unburnt hydrocarbons
  • Prior to abc delete, EGT's were always 190C idling, never more than 4xxC driving. No EGT data available post-delete, yet.

Mods: *ATM 304SS Turbo-back exhaust, w/ ox-cat *ATM stepped intercooler *ATM silicone tubing kits (hot & cold sides) JR 2.8 tune *Whitbread CP3R90 HPFP *AArod EGR racepipe*Execuhitch hidden hitch *Stage 3 transmission tune
Appreciate 0