BMWZ4
Major General
Rep
Drives: '23 X1/'23 Allroad Progressiv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracus View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWZ4 View Post
I have my principles as well! I'm talking about working for a business who's only priority is to be profitable for both shareholders and employees alike - nothing wrong with that.

If that means (in this case) that there's money to be made in a subscription environment, why shouldn't said business pursue any and all avenues to sustain the business?

You didn't answer one of my questions though, namely IF all manufacturers pursued a sub model for certain features, would your principles still be guiding you then? In other words, what vehicle would you buy? Or will you buy a used vehicle instead of new in order to avoid the conflict within you re sub models?
I will answer with an analogy.
XBOX One wanted a Microsoft account in order for me to enjoy my favorite game. In other words, $600 later plus the games, I can not enjoy my new Xbox in a remote cabin where no internet connection is available. Or play my favorite games on my full paid Xbox and full paid games without any obstruction.
I have returned the Xbox one and keep enjoying my Xbox 360. Even if the 360 dies I will not buy an Xbox One until I have the freedom of enjoying my box free of charge or any supplementary charge. I bought the box and the game, let me be.
If there is no way, I will not buy anything.
I still have the books, the nature, my friends.

Cable company wanted a fee for the box. I bought my own box and paid it once and cheap. If they will refuse to sell it and force me to rent it I would give up cable. Simple.

A nice used car will do fine for me.

Accepting a new rule just because you need to, is the way you will give up your rights and freedom. I will never accept something that is not fair or interferes with my freedom of choice.
One less car for a manufacturer might not be much, but I am content that I do have a spinal cord and I am not a sheep.
No one is restricting your freedom of choice...you don't need to sub up for any services you don't want to! You may not get all the features you would (ideally) want to have, but at least you've made a choice to participate or not.

In any case, super interesting discussion of something that is sure to be in all our futures, at some point.
'11 Z4 30i (retired);'11 X3 28i (retired); '15 M235i Stage 1 Dinan (recalled & crushed); '16 M235i Stage 3 Dinan (retired); '15 X3 28i (retired); '14 328i (retired), 2019 X3M40i (retired); Loaded '18 X1 (retired); Loaded '20 X3MC DG, Black/Tan Merino (retired); Loaded '23 X1 Cape York green and Red/Black interior; '23 Audi A4 Allroad Progressiv
Appreciate 0