09-13-2018, 09:08 PM   #4042
Coupes33
Major
Rep
Drives: 2006 335i, 2017 Audi S3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socket View Post
2018 Winter Build Continued

Getting close to the end of this build...

Still some wiring, coding, beanie and reinstall the interior left to do, but should have this sorted on Saturday

Tonight modded and replaced the damaged bimmer life coil (no more misfires)

Put back on the under tray, wheel liners and cowl

Then spent the rest of the night test driving

Finally got behind the wheel and am totally blown away by the result

The car is completely different, sounds, different, handles different, is just amazing how this conversion has totally changed the car and the driving experiance...

Just so happy with how it turned out

Jumping in for the first time was like being back on my L plates

Fumbling around trying to work out the shift pattern and gear locations.

The sorting out where to position your feet to operate the clutch without clipping the foot rest, took a minute or two

Clutch is a mans clutch. Heavy and very quick to bite. But didn't notice the heaviness after a few minutes of driving.

Will def take a few days of driving to get use to, but the car responds instantly (not like the auto that tooks a while to wind up)

Pulls like holy hell ..... Might be because I've got use to driving the beater with 35kw hahaa

The new manual gearbox, manifold and DP, modded coils, new radiator and other bits all combine to make spcgry feel like a brand new car

Could not be happier with the end result, am grinning from ear to ear

Vince you are a bloody genius ... hands down

It is great to read your car is finally complete and running very well again. It is more pleasing to read that the car is better than before Socks. What is the go with the OEM wheels? I thought you were putting a set of 18" wheels on.
Appreciate 3
jzx_andy245.00
Torgus3781.50
vtl1496.00