Thread: Dead E91
View Single Post
      10-17-2018, 07:02 AM   #33
Bennn
Rep
Drives: E91 330i Touring

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallsmk2 View Post
Taking the carpets out would be an epic job. If he suspects corrosion where water has entered why not just pop off the trim and peel back the carpet to see. I don't want to criticise but it feels like he doesn't know how to diagnose the problem.
To be fair mate it looks like he was bob-on.

I took the carpets out last Saturday which were absolutely sodden and its become apparent they had been for some time.

The passenger rear was wettest but the passenger front was also wet both are hanging to dry.

I've traced the leak to the vapour barrier on the passenger door, water was getting in through here and draining under the seat to the rear of the car where the water was ponding.

There were two plugs under the passenger seat where you can see the wiring had corroded but one doesn't plug into anything.

Its been to the garage today and he's cleared the faults and they haven't come back, he basically said it seems fine now its dried out and it was likely the water on the connectors which was causing issues with it shorting (which is probably why we haven't had issues since I've sorted the leak and the carpets have been out.

Hopefully that's the end of this saga but I guess time will tell.

We'll obviously be using the car the rest of the week before I put the carpets back in so that will give us a bit of a chance to ensure its not still leaking and that the electrics are OK now.

Not looking forward to putting the carpets back in mind!
Appreciate 0