View Single Post
      10-20-2018, 07:01 PM   #36
MrSweet1991
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW E90 330D M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueh88 View Post
Haha that's exactly what happened to me! It was mapped when I bought it but when I put it on a Dyno it was showing power at 235bhp!! After I got a proper custom map done it went up to 285bhp but more importantly the way it drove was completely different!!

The fact that you're mapped supports what I'm thinking that it will defo be making more pressure in the crankcase so hence more likely to push oil through the breather...it might be a case that when standard, it's fine and hence why BMW didn't feel the need to put a separator in the breather assembly...Dunno.

Wow, I can only imagine how it must have felt going from 235 to 285bhp And yes you could be right about the remaps causing the additional pressure but with mine also burning oil I'm just expecting the worse for now as I'm out of options really and from my knowledge it can only be valve stem seals or piston rings but I took it off the road before I got around to dropping it into a garage to get the verdict. Hopefully you'll have some good luck with the vortex filter, looking forward to reading the outcome
Appreciate 0