Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: G05 / F31 / E91

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsmoov View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by tetsuo111 View Post
I considered an E61 for my wife, so we took a couple out for test drives. I'm coming from an E91 background.

As one would expect, the cars are similar (being wagons), but their personalities differ. I agree the 5-series long roof doesn't offer any more than a marginal increase in luggage volume. On the other hand, the character of the car is tilted more to luxury and less to sporty. The car feels heavier, more stable, and quieter, compared with the 3-er.

Know thyself. I liked the idea of my wife in an E61. She doesn't share my enthusiast tendencies, so safety and comfort are good matches for her usage. For me? I prefer a nimble, lightweight and compact alternative, with a sporty personality beneath sleeper body work.

As with many choices, this isn't one of better or worse, rather which vehicle is a better fit for one's circumstances.
I'm actually giving my red e91 m3 conversion to my wife. She's currently in a lease and we're not trying to pick up another car payment. I picked up a 6MT project e91 I'm currently working on doing the m3 swap on that as well as other goodies. My wife is happy, but she does not like the sporty attention getting red color
Did you pick up the black salvage e91 6MT for $2500 on Craigslist? I went to look at it but decided to pass. I just didn't want to start another project e91 till I finish my current project e91 lol.

ps I was not looking forward to fixing the broken sunroof also since the whole headliner needs to come out.