View Single Post
      02-18-2019, 08:46 PM   #37
fatty335
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: e90 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by cahme View Post
I have plenty of excuses , but it really just took a long time. I did plastigauge each one as well as a couple old ones, so I went through the torquing process about 14 times total. They were all very consistent and really close to the old ones. Best I could tell is they were all around .0018". The gauge had .0015 and .002 and the were all in between them.
I also broke one of the front oil pump bolts and wasted about 30min just to find my ez-out kit. I'm pretty sure my torque wrench is quite a bit off for the low end (4Nm) and I was already too tight to start the angle and it snapped just as I was hitting 45*.

I also decided now was a good time to change the spark plugs, so I performed the priming with the plugs out (and injectors disconnected) thinking it may give me a bit more flow since there was no compression; cranked it 4x @ 15 sec each and 45 sec cooling.

Good news is I made it fine on my 30mi round trip commute!
Bad news is while laying on my back for so long, I noticed a leak starting on the OFHG ....
Outstanding...Congratulations! Your clearance is exactly what mine was...right between .0015 and .002. Glad to hear you're up and running again...here's to another 150K miles!
Appreciate 0