View Single Post
      04-01-2019, 05:44 AM   #109
blueh88
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2006 330d M Sport Auto

Okay so...got it checked it over last week and the dude was very helpful near me. He narrowed it down to and confirmed there are two main leaks:

1. Turbo is passing quite a bit of oil - he took the clean air intake pipe off and ran it you can see the oil seeping past the turbine. There was some thrust movement in the shaft. I checked this a while ago and there wasn't any so it definitely has got worse.

2. Vacuum pump seal against the engine - MrSweet, you did mention this I know but I dismissed this as I had already changed all the seals. But once the mechanic pointed it out, it was obvious I hadn't sealed it properly. ALSO, at the time I changed the seals, I stupidly undid the head cover bolt just above the vac pump. I then couldn't tighten again which meant it must have sheared and I just left it. There is a possibility that this bolt also acts as a clamping force around the vac pump...hence again, not sealing properly. I did bring this up a while ago (https://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1508997) but never got round to sorting it as I didn't think it was an issue.

It's booked in with this same guy to fix the head cover bolt by removing the complete cover, replacing broken bolt and re-assembling and to properly fix the vac pump again. Once this is done, I'll replace turbo or have some company get mine rebuilt/refurbished etc.

I'm happy there is progress!
Appreciate 0