05-13-2019, 03:57 PM   #4
b92
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 335is, 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by martinm0 View Post
Can you ask the seller this info? I assume the seller is the second owner on the CarFax, and only had the car for a short period?

I've had similar results with some CarFax reports I bought for cars I was looking at. Though, there had always been some info listed, and being a new car bought from BMW, you'd think the original owner would have been taking it under warranty to BMW for things, so that's strange.

I guess the price is the one thing that would negate the lack of records. Is it low enough to risk it? I would get a PPI done, but honestly, I had one done for a N55 I just bought and it was mostly a waste of money (came back clean as I expected).

My only hesitation would be that its an '07/first gen model. But again, for the right price and the internet at your fingertips, you can fix anything that goes awry along the way.
Current owner doesn't know much about its history, he just got a new job and went out and bought a 2017 WRX but kept the BMW because they only offered him $5k for trade-in.

I honestly don't think there's anything wrong with the car now, but knowing how these N54s are I want to know more about its service history before I make the purchase. I think I'm going to pass on this one and continue my search for a <100k mile E46 330.