Garage List
2013 BMW 335is  [8.84]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beakmoney View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by LMB335IS View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrnuke View Post
Excuse my ignorance, but what is the benefit of this unit over the stock e90 unit? volume?
The benefit is in the DSC module. If you know how to do it, a M3 ABS/DSC unit can be coded into a non M car and be rid of almost all of the electronic nannies that the non M car has.
Dumb question but what's involved in the coding? My car needs a dsc pump and this might be a worth while upgrade. It will bolt in with no hardware modifications I assume?
It's 99% bolt on. You would need to run a direct lead from pin 41? of the module to your DSC button. M3 DSC modules are directly connected to the dsc button, non M's go through the JBBF module.

Coding wise the only additional step you need to take before you would do all the normal stuff ( write vin/update module with winkfp, default code with NCS expert, DSC calibration and brake bleed with ISTA ) is alter the model identifier code in one of the stored VO'S to a M3 model. I leave my CAS VO as 335is for most everything and have the VO stored in the NFRM as a M3 model. When I go to code the DSC from then on out I choose the NFRM module in ncs expert in my initial read so the module is read and codeable as a M3 module otherwise you'll get a error because of the 335i VO and the M module mismatch.