View Single Post
      08-13-2019, 01:00 PM   #1
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 128i, 2008 LS3 C6

Milvs questions

Hate to bring up an old thread, but MILVS should be kept at the forefront anyway. Plus not a lot of traffic on the 128i side. I'm planning to do mine in about a month. Gathering all my parts now, and plan to take a week off for these and some other stuff. Couple of questions.

1. Is the spring compressor the best way to go with this? I would hate to screw up a retaining block bolt.

2. I already have my tune ready. But does anyone know if Bob has a dyno setup at his new shop? I'm maybe 3 hours from him, and would be willing to dyno my car with my current mods without the Milvs tune loaded just to get a baseline. I'd even go so far as having Bob actually dyno tune my car if he thinks he could get better numbers than his "off the shelf" MILVS tune, and we could see what she outs down with just milvs on top of my other mods as I'm nearly FBO.

3. I wonder if the same holds true for MILVS and a supercharger as they did for their turbo cars? I think the stock ESS pulley is about 5 psi. On the turbo cars, they were able to make the same power on 2psi less if I read correctly.

I wonder how much more the Milvs could affect that mod. We may be able to have a little play room for more power that could be safer than just turning up the boost for these stock blocks!

Thanks!