View Single Post
      10-23-2019, 10:24 AM   #74
g35mt
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW m3 F80

want to thank Jagaer for this DIY.

What i notice after copying everything back and plug the drive to my car. I noticed that the music collection now show ripped1, ripped2, etc. Kinda annoying but to fix that, what i do is export my music collection to USB and after the new expanded drive installed, i just restore it.

I like to share other about what i notice about the speed and ssd.

I have 3 different brands, they are Samsun, SK hyndix, and recdata. I actually did the speed test by applying img to Samsung, sk and recdata. My result is below

1) Samsung transfer rate is 279 mb/s
2) SK transfer is 299 mb/s
3) recdata transfer rate is 133 mb/s

What i also notice after each img apply to the 3 drives, the SK and Samsung is very hot compare to recdata.

I am a bit OCD so what i did was create the IMG of the original drive. Apply the img to new 256gb and expand per OP instruction. Then i imported my music, which i have over 90gb. Then take it out and create another img and apply to all three ssd drive i have. Now all three have the same 90 gb of music. It's overkill but figure mind as well.

Lastly, with the ssd i notice the speed improvement overall. So its worth the upgrade. Now after 90gb of music, it;s laggy when browsing my music collection which makes sense now that i have over 90gb of data.
Appreciate 0