10-24-2019, 06:14 PM   #192
apexit4
Major
Poland
Rep
Drives: 335D M-Sport, X5D

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRNN1999 View Post
I have a spun main bearing on my 335d, I was hoping to get in contact with a few people about crank caps. After reading threw this whole forum i have realized I have bought Pep423 old car, same motor spun bearing again. Definitely fluid motor works did not use the right bearing size, they most definitely didn't torque down the main cap properly. I do all my own work and when removing the crank the main cap was much easier to take off then all the others. I noticed after seeing the cap was different and did some research and stumbled apon this post. I see that apex4 has been a great help, and I hope to speak with you in the future. I am almost down tearing down the block and will be bringing everything to a machine shop. I can see that the cap has some uneven surface to it and may be too bad to fix. I was hoping that someone has a good cap if I am forced to replace it. I will be sending PM once my account gets the permission.
Sorry to hear about your troubles! Where did you get the car and what makes you think its Pep's?

Regarding those main bearing end caps, I still have a few left over. I've sent you a PM about them. Out of curiosity, whats your game plan on getting the issue fixed? Are you planning on having the crank and end caps reprofiled and fitted with an over sized bearing? Or possibly laser welding on more material?
Appreciate 0