View Single Post
      11-15-2019, 04:29 PM   #16
GeorgeR
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 X6 XDrve35i 2009 335i E92

I had the Musicar Northwest Full Bass upgrade installed yesterday and 5 and a half hours of windshield time allowed me to test the source connection options. The main realization is that with road noise, they all sound pretty much the same.

When parked, the AUX to Oppo DAC with my iPhone 11 playing Apple Lossless files is the best but I lose CIC control.

The iPhone 3 in the Snap in Adapter and iPhone 11 Pro Max with the Y-Connector and lightning Adapter sound the same. Advantage to the Y-Adapter is my 11 Pro has enough memory to hold my entire lossless Library, disadvantage is the hassle with connecting cables though it will charge my phone. Disadvantage to the iPhone 3 is 32GB memory, not even enough to hold my standard playlist and none of my albums but still enough to hold a decent sized while cut down playlist.

The USB keeps having strange issues. Latest is a brief hiss when tracks change. I’ll play a bit with it but not happy with that option as of now even though the WAV file playback seems comparable to the iPhone’s. The only connection that really stands out is when using the portable Oppo DAC.

Now that I am enjoying the trunk mounted sub and externally powered under seat woofers in a 4-way, I am looking in to some cabin speaker upgrade options.

Regards
Attached Images

Last edited by GeorgeR; 11-17-2019 at 05:40 PM.. Reason: added pictures
Appreciate 0