View Single Post
      01-12-2020, 10:09 AM   #1
jmnew911
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW 328i 2007

Garage List
2007 BMW 328i  [0.00]
Operating temp too low and drops when heat is on.

Anyone heard of this? I have searched it extensively with little luck. Ever since I have owned my 2007 328i, approximately a year and a half, I have had this issue. When it is below 35 degrees or so outside my heat is insufficient. I decided to change my thermostat and that did not help. I did find a post where someone had the same problem and a new radiator fixed the issue. So, I then put on a new radiator. Did not resolve the problem. I did follow all the proper procedures for removing air from the cooling system. I did this work over a month ago.
So, here is what happens to the operating temp of the car When I drive with the hidden menu on that shows the operating temp. The car seems to take longer than is should to get up to a decent operating temperature. But, if I leave the heat off and do get the car up to say 75 degrees celsius or more, when I turn on the heat the operating temp starts dropping and drops a total of 15 to 20 degrees celsius. So, it is no wonder I have no heat when it cold outside.
My water pump is only two years old.
I am thinking I must have a heater core problem or my water pump does not pump strong enough. About a year ago I ran water through my heater core to make sure it wasn’t clogged and it wasn’t. I also have never ad any fluid leaking in the floor of my car which I think normally happens when the heater core goes bad.
Any ideas?
Appreciate 0