View Single Post
      02-15-2020, 11:41 AM   #52
MyCar
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E90 335i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by TunafishE93 View Post
I would let it warm up before replacing stuff for no reason.. I keep saying these cars act weird when they are cold.. I don't run mine under 10F because of this.. You first fault could be causing your other problems "under voltage".. When things get cold (oil/fluids) it takes more current to move.. Batteries have less current when cold.. So you have less current available and require more current when cold.. You see where we are going with this..

I going to speculate and say both of those fuel errors are at start up when there might not be enough current for the fuel pump at that moment..
I think the current code might be old from this summer when my battery was dying. I have since purchased a new and larger H8 battery.

Regarding the temperature, I have determined it is definitely weather related. When it's cold outside it acts up, such as late into the night. When it's warm out, car pretty much acts normal.

I would hate to replace the HPFP if that isn't the issue, or if the new one behaves the same way in cold.

Could it be anything else like the sensor, or is all evidence pointing to HPFP?
Appreciate 0