View Single Post
      07-10-2020, 12:10 AM   #16
BreakingTraction
Rep
Drives: 2013 Subaru BRZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gee-Dog View Post
Other than reliability issues, there are a few other things that might sway your decision. You haven't said if you want an E90, E91, E92 or E93, and whether manual or auto.

In 2009 the E92 coupe (and I think the E93 convertable) changed from a CCC idrive to a CIC idrive, which is a huge improvement. Also the "auto" option changed from a ZF 6 speed auto box to a 7 speed DCT, which I also regard as a major improvement. When I was looking, I looked at a number of 07 - 09 models in both sedan and coupe. I ended up spending a fair bit more than originally planned to get an E92 with these 2 upgrades.

If you are looking at a manual, and are happy to upgrade to an Android based CCC replacement, this won't apply.

If you want an E90 sedan, I don't believe these were ever sold in AU with a DCT, and I think the change to CIC was done later than in the E92.
Yep, I've had a look, and it seems there are plenty of ways to freshen up the cars on the technology side and bring them into 2020, which is great!

Certainly with you on the DCT front, it's more appealing than the regular auto to me. That said, I think manual is still the way I want to go.
Appreciate 0