07-13-2020, 09:20 PM   #158
mightgodn54
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: bmw e92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by iqraceworks View Post
Battery acid .....or water? Can the car been sitting outside for a while? Has it rained? I've heard of several people having bad seals around the trunk letting water in.....

If it's battery acid....get it out of there ASAP!!! And wash everything out with clean water....lots of it!!
I really honestly think it's battery acid. So the day before this happened the battery died. too many days with accessory power on without turning the car on, so that the alternator could charge the battery. I believe this is honestly my mistake. Now the battery is new so it is 100% full and is reliable, with that being said Since the car did die it wouldn't be smart to put it on a battery charger if it has a full battery. I should've just jumped the car and that would have solved the issue. Now to deal with the issue I'm going to remove the rear fender liner and take off the positive terminal and hopefully that will drain the battery acid. If that does not work I'll find the thinnest metal in that compartment and drill a hole through it to drain the acid. Then I'll just have to redo the whole process of removing corrosion and get a new battery + terminals and what ever else terminals I need. I think the ibs on the negative short circuited itself also, due to the acid in the compartment. This 110% was my fault for not pay attention. How ever the other bmw I had before this had this issue but that battery was way dead and the battery charger was an acceptable way to charger the power. Since the car had a new battery it didn't need to be charged it needed the alternator to get it back to where it's supposed to be. Lesson learned.