View Single Post
      09-21-2020, 09:47 AM   #96
bluefish7
Private
Rep
Drives: 2010 X5

So my ignorance has left me with a new fuel pump installed, using my old banjo connection in the spot that I thought it would work on the new pump. Tested last night and it is dripping out fuel slowly when engine is running, I can't tell from where yet but assuming it is the return that I tried to utilize the old banjo connection after removing their black plastic cap is it was shipped to me and utilized banjo in that round, recessed hole.

So I have the hard pressure line connected via "special tool" at the bottom of the pump as circled in post above, the black supply line with the screw clamp, and this yellow plastic line with the banjo connection. I still dont see another nipple where it could go on the back of the new HPFP (BOSCH 0445010194 {#13517804409}) . So really looking for some help here to figure out where I've gone wrong. Thanks!

Pics are dirty old fuel pump and new one again, one pic with banjo about to be installed after removing black plastic hex cap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RL18 View Post
The only change to anything is how the yellow line attaches to the new pump. Remove the yellow line to where it tees, use 3/8 fuel line and a few clamps to mate up to the new connection type on the pump. Everything else is exactly the same.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0