View Single Post
      05-18-2008, 07:33 PM   #815
spn
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: '09 MB SL63 AMG

Quote:
Originally Posted by theanhdy View Post
I just got my clear bra installed yesterday with Ventureshield. They say that Ventureshield is better than 3M on a white car because it doesn't turn yellow. What brand did you go with?
ClearBra film is guaranteed not to fade, yellow, crack or peel as long as you own your car. And, it is my understanding that the yellowing was a problem with older-tech paint protection films and that it involved white cars. I think all companies are now using newer-tech films with UV protection. Since my car is black, and ClearBra is guaranteed for as long as I own my car, and my car is only on a 27-month lease, I didn't have to consider those yellowing issues, even if they are still an issue today.

The first two rock chips my bumper incurred went all the way down to the undercoating, so they showed up as obvious white chips about the size of a pinheads on my black bumper. The alternative was hundreds of white-colored rock chips on my black bumper. I am really happy to have this protection now. If I can just keep from running into anything and damaging the bumper in a bigger way.
Appreciate 0