03-12-2021, 06:51 PM   #2
undecided1
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 330d M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherlockBMW View Post
Hello,

Recently I've been having issues with CIC iDrive and only the radio works.

I was having starting issues and the yellow battery warning and two garages told me the battery was OK but not charging and the alternator was faulty which has been replaced with a new genuine BMW part.

I also charged the battery up fully and the car is starting fine. As far as I'm aware the battery is the original in the car from 2008, I've had the car since 2012 and not replaced it.

The CIC iDrive is a retro fit using an emulator and has been in the car for 7 years without issue. Prior to that I only had the standard radio & Bluetooth for the phone.

After replacing the alternator CIC would intermittently run OK and I would have full function of Satnav, phone, parking sensors etc.

Now every time the screen doesn't come on and I have no activity from the controller or steering wheel controls for any function. The radio will work from the CIC unit, but will only stay on for 20 minutes, pressing the mute button will get audio back after a few seconds. Although when turning the car off and removing the key the radio will continue to play.

I have no other functions apart from the radio, no Bluetooth no parking sensors etc.

Using the Carly app I have the following error stored under Engine 003EED Power management quiescent current (layer PMRUHVERL)

Many thanks
003eed is not related to cic, my 330d had that without nav. Again at the time battery was original to car and likely on way out, ended up with new battery when it finally died but that was probably from me barely using the car, was driving other 330d almost all the time. 003eed not been back since new battery. Weird things happen when battery on way out but not sure would explain what you've experienced. I'd certainly start with a new battery and code it properly though, can't hurt and probably needs it anyway.
Appreciate 0