View Single Post
      04-14-2021, 09:56 PM   #53
nicholasn
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '11 328i Coupe, '09 CBR600RR

Apologies for the bump, but I am having a similar issue. I have a 2011 328i Coupe, Sport Package w/ 6MT, 160k miles. Only had it about two weeks so still learning the car.

I heard some brake squeaking over the past couple of days (hadn't noticed any before yesterday). Otherwise it was fine until tonight when I went out for a quick drive. As I was backing out of the driveway, I gradually applied the brakes to slow down as I approached the street. When I did this, I felt and heard and felt a very slight scraping sensation that I had not experienced previously. Right as I backed into the street and shifted into 1st gear, the ABS light came on in the multifunction display between the speedometer and tachometer, and the orange BRAKE, ABS, antilock symbol (the one with the A surrounded by an circling arrow), and SERVICE ENGINE SOON lights all came on. There's a back road right around the corner from me, so I did a couple of hard stops to make sure the brakes were still functioning, which they were. However, all of the lights stayed on.

I restarted the car a couple of times, and all of the lights except the service engine soon went out until I hit the brakes again. I drove around for a bit with no issues, then the warning lights (except service engine soon) disappeared, then reappeared, then disappeared, then reappeared, etc, every few miles. They were not on when I pulled back into the driveway. The hill hold assist seemed to be functioning again right before I turned into my neighborhood. The only different thing I noticed after all of the warning lights went out was a slight scraping noise (as well as a very slight and irregular judder through the brake pedal) as I was braking to a complete stop, and I only noticed it once I was under about 20 mph.

According to the guy I bought it from (who owned the car for most of its life), both the front and rear rotors and pads were replaced within the past 40k miles - fronts about 40k ago, and rears about 13k ago. I'm guessing (and hoping) it's just a sensor based on what I've read in this thread, but was wondering if this set of issues has happened to anyone else.
Appreciate 0