Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW 335xi LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arktis_Conviction View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer_Bro View Post
Not too many other guys with the Corsa! Glad to hear it.
I went catless last year.
I remember it got deeper overall and a bit louder on wot. Also more raspy but I don't mind it. I like the turbo sounds from the back of the car now.
Does yours contact the rear subframe ? The piping is so huge it's almost impossible to . I just had an exhaust shop fix this for good.
I don't think the piping is touching the subframe. I don't feel any vibration or hear clinking noises. I'll get under the car tomorrow and check for sure though.

The only problem with the noise is that it is SO loud on startup. I feel so rude turning on my car in the driveway but then once the revs drop after 30-60 seconds, it is pretty quiet (until I start driving away lol).

It's time for my car to be inspected though and I'm terrified of failing the NJ emissions check. I have VRSF catless DPs + DPfix and Corsa exhaust. I believe the Corsa has visible secondary cats in the midpipes, right? If this is the case, I should be able to pass the visual check. Hopefully the loud exhaust doesn't cause the inspector to go on a deeper witch hunt looking for violations (to find something like the catless DPs).
I believe it's a centre resonator not a cat.