View Single Post
      02-28-2023, 12:44 PM   #69
Expert@ApexWheels
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Low335D View Post
Thanks, Tom. I don't completely understand why you can't share that info but I respect your decision so, the Brembo kit I'm looking at has the BM monoblock vs the standard monoblock caliper. The GT BM6 having a 225.5mm radius vs GT M6 having a 220.7mm radius. Both are 380mm rotors but significantly different wheel clearance requirements.

Cheers!
The restriction on sharing barrel id is partially down to protecting our design info but it's also not ideal for confirming clearances as the kits can still have issues with other aspects of clearances.

None of our 18" wheels clear the BM6 kits when they have a 380mm rotor including Sprint Line designs like the EC-7RS. This is a barrel clearance issue and cannot be solved through spacers. One thing I would note though is that I don't see a BM6 kit on the Racetechnologies site for the 335s so I assume you're looking at E9X M3 kits? My statement above holds true for the chassis where we've seen this template/kit surface ie F8X M3/M4 and E9X M3 but if you have an non-m template we haven't seen or tested, I can have our engineering team take a look. We'd need either the template or full Brembo part number to do so though.

Our current EC-7RS range clears the E9X M3 GT M6 kits (1N1.9003A and other variations) in all sizes with no spacers.

-Tom