View Single Post
      07-17-2008, 01:53 PM   #330
vinlikesred
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 335i '08

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan203 View Post
I think it's because the vast majority of us 135i guys got the 29.2 software right from the start, so we have nothing to compare it to. I will say however that the lag is much more pronounced then I expected based on the reviews I read prior to getting mine. However I ordered my 135i completely blind, which mean I never test drove one with the pre 29.2 software and really don't have anything to compare it to.

Related question... Does getting the Dinan flash "fix" this problem? Because I've been thinking about getting it and if it reduces the lag in addition to upping power then that might push me over the fence.

Dan

i read about it in another thread that the base software for dinan mod is pre-29.2, therefore, it doesn't have the ill-effect of post-29.2 (nor would it have the benefit, if any, of the post-29.2)

i don't like the idea of taking out the physical unit of ECU and send it to dinan for mod, so i'm waiting to see how bmw handles this issue. when the newer dinan flash can be done with OBC port at the dealership without having to physically remove ECU, AND bmw got no fix by then, i might pull the trigger and do it.

and if bmw turns a blind eye on this issue, this will be my LAST BMW EVER. still kicking myself for not getting cayman s in order to save few bucks...
Appreciate 0