05-11-2023, 10:53 PM   #20
BushwoodCC
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW M3 Comp xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by csayad View Post
Hey, I have a racechip coming in for my G80 xDrive , however I have to take the car to BMW to replace a tail light, and I was wondering if I should wait to install it after I take it in. Also the car has just under 4000 miles, so should I wait after I take it in for an oil change at 5k miles?
I've had it for 2 years now and have installed it and taken it off and reinstalled it probably 4 times now. I'm getting pretty good at it...but still, if it were me, I would probably wait for the oil change or do the oil change a bit earlier then install it. The process is easy, but I like to route all the cables nicely and install the main head unit tucked away which takes some time.

Regarding the JB4 vs RC debate...it's an old one! My take is that everyone is different and wants different things. I am a set it and forget it type of person, and the RC suits me just fine. If you are worried about the dealership detecting something, warranties being voided, etc., then I think RC is the way to go (or just not do anything). I do think the JB4 offers some advantages down the road if I were to get interested in doing some more tinkering, but right now, RC fits the bill perfectly. Definitely noticeable gains on the butt dyno, exhaust sounds different too, and snappier throttle response. It's already fun to drive stock, but RC puts it on another level. I guess I miss it too much after taking it out that I always end up putting it back in! If I get a couple more years of fun out of it before moving onto something else, that is money well spent!
Appreciate 0