View Single Post
      07-11-2023, 10:37 AM   #20
oVeRdOsE.
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: F25 E91 Audi Avnt E90 Cayenne

Quote:
Originally Posted by iqraceworks View Post
My tune was setup to be pretty easy on the motor....low/mid rpm torque was pretty low, and the boost would ramp up in the higher rpms. The entire reasoning was to take it easy on the rods. Who knows.....cast pistons really aren't that great for big power apparently.
define big power. For a road car, able to go from 300bhp to the near 490bhp on stock turbos, or 6xxbhp on aftermarket turbos without taking the engine apart this is huge power imo for stock internals.

If you check audi world, on unitronic webpage, you dont see any doubling power on stock internals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whyzee125 View Post
A failing injector seems pretty likely to be the culprit to me as going lean under high boost produces an insane amount of heat in the cylinder if that were to ever happen. You already know you had a leaky one on that cylinder so seems quite likely that caused it. The O2 sensors only measure across the whole bank so one could easily go a bit lean without throwing your AFR readings off much in a log, especially if the other cylinders compensated.
right O2, I saw a lot of post on that, but on other platform people get rid of this issue using 90° elbow tube to keep the o2 away from flame/excessive heat and still have good reading, and I never saw any discussion on e90post about this solution.

is it because it's been tested and has no effect? or nobody tried.

very popular on audi/vw engines.

something like this (an no this is not for space in that case, but really to avoid O2 get destroyed or check engine code)

Appreciate 0