View Single Post
      04-03-2024, 09:26 PM   #8
sleeeper90
Rep
Drives: e92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheela View Post
You may be onto something with the EKP. It's very common for people's EKP to overheat and shut down when running bigger LPFP's. People with larger pumps tend to treat them as wear items. If you don't have problems initially, good chance they'll develop eventually. I've seen people posting that actually keep spare EKP's in the car incase they completely die. I think the Walbo 535 is the only larger LPFP that doesn't seem to cause problems with the EKP.

With that fueling and boost level, you should be within the capability of either style HPFP (assuming it's in good shape).
I could see that, couldn't hurt to have a spare on hand, they're fairly cheap. Its been in my car for a few months now but only a short time with new turbo setup and tune, maybe its finally pulling more amps now that the tune is being adjusted? I did find an Arc Terminator 3d printed shroud and PC fan on ecs tuning that I installed last night. It's basically designed to cool the epkm3. I haven't had any issues but its been less than 24hrs. I've been keeping a close eye on my fuel psi and it seems pretty consistent, 800-1200 at idle and even up to 2900 under load. I've got a new fuel pressure reg coming, I'll put that in as another precaution. And hpfp as a last resort. Do you know of any "upgrade" hpfp?
Appreciate 0