View Single Post
      04-22-2024, 08:24 AM   #26
krashDH
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 NA 335d

Well making progress on the car.

VCG is all replaced. I couldn't button up the top end (intake manifold) because I was shorted 1 swirl flap replacement o-ring gasket (5 of 6). So I'm waiting on that and I'm waiting on vac lines so I can replace the ones under the intake mani before I put it one.

I moved over to the turbo lines to start tearing that down. Got everything removed (including downpipe) so all I need to do now is crack the 2x bolts for the large turbo and get it out of the way.

My ATM intercooler I dropped as well, the 2 of the 4 o rings in the turbo side tube were split, made it a bear to get it off. So I need to wait for those as well.

It's unfortunate, I ordered the Whitbread lines almost 3 weeks ago. It's normally an off the shelf kit but apparently they haven't seen a fitting they need for the long line. So I'm stuck waiting on them too. I could have had this done this weekend and driving so I'm a bit frustrated with them because there's nothing on their site which mentioned not available or backordered.

It really hasn't been bad work, it's just moving a lot of stuff out of the way and figuring out how to get to places that weren't designed for access.
Appreciate 0