shannon1
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2007 E91 323i M-Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIZKIT551 View Post
A bit late to the party, but if anyone is around, I would like some clarification please.
I have an 06 330i that did not come with any kind of cruise control. I am going to fit an LDM module and a new cruise control stalk.
I am trying to get 544 which is cruise control with braking which is not the same as in the video.

Can I still tap into one of the empty pins on the cas connector to power the LDM?

Is there a guide I can follow to wiring up and coding the LDM for my application?
I have like a thousand tabs open but none really explain how to do all this.

Hi BIZKIT551,

Its been a while since I did my retrofit, but I downloaded and followed Nicko43's DIY from the 1st post on Page 1 of this DIY. I then put together a simplified wiring diagram you can find on page 17 of this DIY.

For coding, I'll paste in below some notes I made whilst doing my retrofit, but the biggest problem you're going to face is that if your car has never had cruise control fitted before, then your DSC module will most likely be the basic one WITHOUT braking function. You will then have to also replace and recode your DSC module with one that has braking function if you want to get this to work. My coding notes below won't have this as I already had $544 cruise with barking function factory fitted. You'll have to search elsewhere for that as I've never done it, but I think some have, I'm not sure.

Here's a copy/paste of coding notes I made when I was preparing to start. I will put in a caveat that there might be 1 or 2 extra steps or slight changes, I can't remember, as I was also doing things on the fly and your cars coding might be slightly different. If you do run into any problems, I'm sure someone else here will be willing and able to help with advice. Hope they help.

CODING
Coding programs needed are NCSExpert, INPA, ISTA and WinKFP. Delete $544 and add $541. Write the FA to the CAS and FRM modules. Then code the VO to the DSC, Kombi, LDM and CCC/CIC modules.

NCSExpert
- Load profile – Manipulation – Ok
- F1 Start – F3 Chassis – E89 – Ok – CAS – Ok
- F2 Enter FA – E89 – Ok – Double Check Correct VIN – Ok
- Select $544 and press the Delete button on keyboard – In Attribute box enter $541 and press Add – Ok
- F6 Back to main – F4 Process ECU – CAS – Ok – Ok
- F2 Change job – FA_WRITE – Ok – F3 Execute job (Job active – Job ended)
- F6 Back to main – F1 VIN/ZCS/FA – F3 ZCS/FA ECU – FRM – Ok
- Select $544 and press the Delete button on keyboard – In Attribute box enter $541 and press Add – Ok
- F6 Back to main – F4 Process ECU – NFRM – Ok – Ok
- F2 Change job – FA_WRITE – Ok – F3 Execute job (Job active – Job ended)
- F6 Back to main – Vehicle listing should now show LDM and ACC as one of the options

ISTA+
- Pull up Vehicle Information / Control Unit Tree to confirm LDM and ACC are now present

INPA
- F3 E90 – E90 Options / Functional Jobs – Ok
- F3 UIF brings up User information field and LDM and ACC modules should be present

NCSExpert
- Load profile – Manipulation – Ok
- F1 Start – F3 Chassis – E89 – Ok – CAS – Ok
- F6 Back to main – Vehicle listing should still show LDM and ACC as one of the options
- F4 Process ECU – DSC – Ok – Ok
- F2 Change job – CODIERDATEN_LESEN – Ok
- F3 Execute job (Job active – Job ended) (trace file popup window shows successful download)
- F6 Back to main – F4 Process ECU – KOMBI – Ok – Ok
- If necessary, F2 Change job – CODIERDATEN_LESEN – Ok
- F3 Execute job (Job active – Job ended) (trace file popup window shows successful download)

C:\NCSEXPER\WORK
- Rename NETTODAT.TRC file as NETTODAT_old_yyyy.mm.dd_time.TRC
- Rename FSW_PSW.TRC file as FSW_PSW_old_yyyy.mm.dd_time.TRC
- Make sure NETTODAT.MAN file is blank

NCSExpert
- F6 Back to main – F4 Process ECU – DSC – Ok – Ok
- F2 Change job – SG_CODIEREN – Ok – F3 Execute job (Job active – Job ended)
- F6 Back to main – F4 Process ECU – KOMBI – Ok – Ok
- F6 Back to main – F4 Process ECU – CAPPL – Ok – Ok
If applicable:
- F6 Back to main – F4 Process ECU – LDM – Ok – Ok

WinKFP (to update LDM software and VIN)
- F1 Comfort mode
- F3 Update ZUSB
- In ECU family select ACCMOD – Ok
- F2 Choose ZUSB
- In ECU family select ACCMOD – In Z0 Number select latest number – Ok
- F4 Enter VIN – enter full VIN number – Ok
- F8 Done – F3 Program – Ok (wait for software to load) – Ok when done

INPA
- F3 E90 – E90 Options / Functional Jobs – Ok
- F3 UIF brings up User information field and LDM should now have new VIN and date

Last edited by shannon1; 05-02-2024 at 05:06 PM..
Appreciate 0