View Single Post
      05-22-2024, 11:26 AM   #82
TREKER
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2025 BMW X5 - 50e M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by cotmfk View Post
I am biased towards FL, and I recognize that, but I think FL makes it and loses to whatever team from the West comes out - which I think will be Dallas.

I don't think NYR have played a particularly strong team in the playoffs yet. Caps just squeaked in (but I also think NYR would have cake walked past Pitts, PHI, or DET). Caps didn't hit or wear down NYR at all. Car was a bit tougher series, but even there I don't think NYR had much adversity. FL is a hitting machine, plays tough, and can play the game in different styles successfully. Both NYR and FL have good goaltending, D, and scoring ability. So it will be a good series/fun series to watch, IMO.

DAL-EDM ... Here's where I think EDM will be exposed. But, Connor Mc and Draisatl (sp) could see this as one of their last remaining opportunities to get it done.... and when a high-end, elite player has that mentality, they can get a lot done in a game and really inspire/motivate the rest of the team. I still think DAL gets to the SCF.
Disagree with NYR not facing touch team. Caps,no... Canes were favored to win the cup this year. Rangers have been underdog in last 2 series. Dallas doesn't have the PK needed to go against a Ranger PP. Goaltending I give to Igor over Otter who has shown some weak games these playoffs.

I would like to see Oilers get in just for McDavid to get to the show, but Rangers would shadow him with a smothering D.

Hitting I have to give to Rangers and grit, Rempe sends message early on to FL it can set the tone. Crowd goes wild with him on ice.

But I would also like to see the Cats finally win one. The 96' run was very similar to last year. Being a Vanbiesbrouck fan, I have been to many games in FL and they have an entire area set up for the memorabilia from that run. Pretty cool to see.
Appreciate 1
cotmfk2128.00