View Single Post
      08-25-2008, 11:08 PM   #86
midlife
ocasionally in crisis
Rep
Drives: '08 335i cabrio

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftcoastman View Post
Fourpt - I'm surprised you like the antisways without an LSD.

When I had the sways on, I got sooo much wheelspin on corner exit unless I was super-ginger on the throttle. I just watched people power away from me on corner exit since any application of throttle on my part would just result in inside tire spin. Now I have Quaife, but I still didn't like the way the sways made the car felt, so I removed them.

Regarding the plates - adjustable camber plates do not have that problem. I can run nearly zero camber on street and within 10 minutes, set it to -3.5 for track use.

You clearly make your setup work for you, but I can't understand how you have MORE neg in back and MORE tire in back and still have a neutral car.

I'm running a square setup, -3.5 in front, -2 in back and I'm perfectly neutral. I've run RE01R, Victoracers and the NT-01. Balance didn't change much since any tire brand changes were done to all four corners.

I guess different strokes for different styles.

subscribed
Appreciate 0