View Single Post
      10-16-2008, 12:05 PM   #2290
E92Fan
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: .

Although BMW don't officially acknowledge there is anything wrong, privately BMW UK have realized that there are certan issues which have made the 335i less driveable than before. The reason I say this is because two engine techs from Munich were sent over to London at the request of BMW UK so that they could analyse the engine from my car and grab the FALSA data off it to compare to another vehicle running V29.2 software with actuator and boost issues.

Although there was no immediate consensus as to a fix, there was a realization that the software upgrade was more a retrograde step than an improvement.

Incidentally, all this happened back in June. Since then, BMW Munich have visited me three times more, and right at this moment in time my car is in the workshop having the actuator' closed pressure fine tuned using a line vacuum machine, to see if this will give any further improvements. Updates and explanations will be forthcoming over the weekend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by imoksoami View Post
Really that post is a brief summation of what we already know except the part that says 31.1 cures the 'lag' issue that BMW claims doesn't exist.
Appreciate 0