Rep
Drives: A Lot

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruff Rider View Post
"If I knew in early 2007 what I know now Vishnu would not be in business."

From Terry on N54

What does it mean?

Don't know what it means but it sure sounds foreboding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssabripo View Post
for now, the CPS issue was determined in the marketing material, and that's about it. There is still absolutely no evidence that Timing control is not available in the JB3, but rather, that Scalbert's bench testing has not been able to trace it on the typical I/O's, etc.

the saga continues.....
There's only one way to actually control timing (or timing offset) with the finite I/O offered in the JB3. And that is by CPS offsetting. It is the ONLY way to directly and repeatably induce the desired amount of timing offset. There is no other way. Simple as that. IAT adjustments may influence timing (not control it) but that has also been proven to not be implemented (and confirmed by Terry). TMAP signal adjustments won't control timing anymore than allowing the ECU to see higher boost and react by retarding timing to the degree it deems necessary. But again, this is not "control". And there has been no evidence of that either.

Terry's evidence that the JB3 does, in fact, implement some form of timing control is his claim that the tune wouldn't "work" without it. This is not true. I can zero out the timing map in the PROcede and the tune wont be obviously different. Maybe a little more inconsistent. But that's it. The consequences of that approach aren't obvious from the passenger seat.

Shiv
Appreciate 0