View Single Post
      02-20-2009, 09:29 AM   #2
HighVoltage
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 E90 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4wheelpilot View Post
we've all read how some owner's CA works well while other owners are often frustrated because the system doesn't reliably recognize their attempt to lock/unlock the doors when they touch the handle.

well, i came out of a 2005 infiniti fx35 with the tech package that has one touch lock/unlock. with the fob in your pocket, you just touch a small black rubberized button on the door handle or rear hatch to lock/unlock the car.
the fob has a replaceable battery and never needed to come out of my pocket...and the system was 100% reliable.
BTW, there is a slot in the fx dash that holds the transponder but i never used it...it just stayed in my pocket.

when i picked up my 2007 e90 with CA it took a little adjustment to get used to just touching the door handle to lock/unlock and the system worked well. CA is a simpler, more sophisticated system.

but after a few weeks it seemed to take longer to respond and in some cases i needed to use the transponder.
it became so frustrating that i took it into the dealership for repair/reprogramming.
it seemed somewhat better but again there were times when i had to use the transponder to lock/unlock.
so i figured it was the best the system could be and just decided to deal with it.

now this is what happened to make me realize what may be happening with other owners... the other day, i got a transponder "low battery" indicator on the dash.
now i knew that the CA transponder has a rechargeable battery that charges in the slot. but because i was used to the infiniti transponder that did not have to go in the slot, i never put the bmw transponder in the slot unless i had to because the CA didn't recognize it and wouldn't let me start the car.

so it is very possible that owners of CA do not charge their transponder's battery enough to give it enough charge to send a strong enough signal to the CA receiver.

now i just put the transponder in the slot on longer drives to charge it well.

since i started doing this, the system works so well that it unlocks as i am reaching for the handle-even a split second before i make physical contact.

charge your transponder and your CA should work as designed.

good luck to all!
Unlike the standard fob, the CA fob does not have a rechargeable battery. Your assertions are completely wrong, as many of us have replaced the battery with a brand new, fresh battery and still have the same issues.
Appreciate 0